Why Choose Us?
Our Corporate slogan is "Our Promise; Integrity, Expertise, Service".
Consider the facts behind this promise:
- We appreciate the unique aspects of every case. Our prime objective is to assist the parties in settlement.
- We understand the profound importance of each settlement and perform our role with utmost care.
- We have no Conflicts of Interest. We are not compromised by any exclusive or protected arrangements with any defendant or casualty insurer. The importance of our independence for plaintiffs is obvious. The importance of our independence for defendants arises in multiple-defendant cases; we will not have a pre-existing obligation to one defendant to the detriment of another.
- Our professional reputation is our greatest asset. We strive to achieve the highest level of service and accuracy so that we will be your choice of Structure Broker for every future case.
- SSG is one of the very few recognized structured settlements experts in Canada.
- SSG has a strong, balanced management team headed up by Douglas Mitchell B.A., a professional insurance executive.
- Harold J. Mitchell, dealing in Annuities and Investments with Life Insurance Companies founded our business in 1933.
- Douglas J. Mitchell, Harold's son has 42 years experience in the insurance claims field and 35 years specifically in the field of Structured Settlements.
- Mr. Mitchell has been involved in over 3000 structure files during his career.
- Mr. Mitchell has taught structured settlements at the Insurance Institute of Ontario.
- Mr. Mitchell was an advisor to the Ontario Government on Bill 59, and to other Government agencies.
- SSG is an active supporter and sponsor of the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association, the Canadian Defense Lawyers Association, The Advocate Society, Medico-Legal Society and many regional Law Associations.
- SSG has been approved for and carries; Errors and Omissions Insurance specifically covering Structured Settlements.
- We have worked with hundreds of lawyers and have learned to assist with their various negotiation and settlement techniques.
- We have live computer access to the rates at all of the major Life Insurance Companies that provide Structured Settlement annuities.
- We will meet with the claimant and their family before settlement to explain the concepts and possibilities of Structures, avoiding the distractions and pressures that prevail during the settlement negotiations.
- We will meet with lawyers before settlement meetings, mediations or trial to assist in the determination of amounts due or needed under different heads of damages, and amounts needed to provide for the ongoing needs of the claimant.
- We can attend at settlement meetings or mediations to assist in the negotiations by providing immediate, valid, up to date calculations and suggestions.
- We will work diligently to maximize the return on the annuity.
- We will design a payment plan which is tailored to the claimants needs.
- Our aim is to provide the best service in the business. We consistently hear from lawyers and claimants that we are meeting this goal, and exceeding their expectations.
- We charge no fees for the work that we do for you. The Life Insurance Company pays us a commission if a structure annuity is placed with them